AR Smart Assistance, VR Simulation, UX design, development, 3D modeling
Realmore has designed and developed for Camel S.p.A. an AR SMART ASSISTANCE solution for mobile devices (Tablets) and wearable devices (Smart Glasses) that allows to improve the maintenance procedures of an industrial filtration plant thanks to emerging technologies such as Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), Computer Vision and IoT.
The Application provides direct support to operators during the operation of industrial machines, shortening the time and increasing the accuracy and safety in completing the task or repair.
The solution developed allows real-time information sharing and data centralization in a database to make the repair and maintenance process easier and more efficient. By scheduling events you can consult your activities and those planned for the future, also helping to solve the problem of identifying the failure that often results from the use of paper manuals that slow down the repair process.
How it works
- AR SMART ASSISTANCE works as a digital and interactive assistant to allow field operators to be guided step by step through the maintenance and troubleshooting of a Camel filtration plant.
- From the application it is possible to choose the section of the machine on which to operate and then to explore the available manuals, the checklists for the various maintenance activities and the “step by step” guided procedures for troubleshooting.
- The operator can select from a list the procedure to be performed, the corresponding machine section will be indicated on a 3D view of the plant.
- If the procedure involves the use of augmented instructions in AR, the application will switch to camera mode, activating the detection of the makers specifically positioned on the concerned part of the machine.
- Alternatively, the user can decide to start the “step by step” guide documented with photos, animations and 2D/3D views.
- By entering the error code you can search for problems reported by the machine independently.